Consultation On Hazardous Substances in the Workplace
The deadline for submissions on the public consultation on Hazardous Substances in the Workplace closed on 21 May 2012.
Consultation on Hazardous Substances in Workplaces – the Department of Labour’s policy on enforcing the safe management of hazardous substances in workplaces.
The Department of Labour is seeking feedback on this draft policy statement.
The draft document outlines:
- the Department of Labour’s role in relation to hazardous substances in workplaces
- the relationship between the Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992 and the Hazardous Substances and New Organisms Act 1996—as the two main pieces of legislation covering hazardous substances in workplaces
- how the Department checks and supports compliance, responds to unsafe handling and responds to breaches of either piece of legislation in respect of hazardous substances in workplaces.
Feedback is invited and anyone can make a submission.
Where to send feedback
Please include the following information with your submission:
- your name and postal address, phone number, and email address (where applicable)
- your submission, with reasons for your views
- any changes you would like made to the draft document
Consultation on Hazardous Substances in Workplaces
Department of Labour
PO Box 3705
Attention: Kate Livingston, Labour Group
Deadline for feedback
Feedback must be received by 5pm on 21 May 2012.
Official Information Act
The Department of Labour is subject to the Official Information Act 1982, which means that your submission may be made available to those seeking information under that Act.