Encouraging innovation and the use of technology
Innovation is a key part of raising workplace productivity. Productive workplaces are innovative in the way they use technology, and plan and organise themselves. They generally employ more highly-skilled and highly-paid workers and through innovation they increase their market share.
Encouraging innovation and the use of technology includes:
- working out what new technologies could be useful to your organisation
- regularly investing in research and development
- consulting employees and giving them training when new technology is introduced
- being open to innovation and doing things differently
- giving people opportunities to suggest new ideas or processes.