Making it work for your business
Who will find this section useful?
- human resource professionals
- work-life balance committees
- anyone interested in making work-life balance possible for people in their organisation
Step by step checklist
The checklist outlines the key steps in developing work-life balance practices in a business or organisation. The processes are described in more detail in the following sections and include examples and templates.
Steps for developing a work-life balance strategy
Every organisation will find its own way of dealing with work-life balance issues. However, those organisations that respond most successfully to these issues tend to follow a similar path, and to work in partnership with their employees and their representatives. They will typically set up a working group of employee, union and management representatives, to guide them along this path.
- Step 1: Get management support and the right people on board
- Step 2: Find out about what's happening now, and what the issues are for your organisation and your workforce
- Step 3: Identify the possible solutions
- Step 4: Implement the strategy
- Step 5: Measuring and maintaining progress