Approved courses: HSE Act
Site Safe New Zealand Inc
Health and Safety Representative Training Course
Contact: For further information about the course including how to register and the location of trainers go to : http://www.sitesafe.org.nz [external site]
Alternatively contact Site Safe on 04 499 2509
This two-day course aims to support the objectives of the Health and Safety in Employment Act by providing Health and Safety Representatives with the skills and knowledge needed to:
- foster positive management practices that protect workers from injury
- create healthy relationships between employers and employees
- promote constructive employee participation in health and safety issues
Topics covered by the course are:
- The Benefits of Safety
- Employment Relations and Good Faith Bargaining
- Hazard Management Techniques
- Supporting Safety Performance
- Safety Training
- Safe Return to Work
- Health Hazards Employee Participation
- The HSE Act and Amendments
This course has been specifically designed for the Construction Industry, however it can also be tailored to meet the requirements of other industries or sectors.
Participants will also have the opportunity to apply for NZQA unit standards on completion of the assessment documents.
First approved: 02/10/2003
Subsequent approval: 18/05/2011
Approved under section 19G of the Health and Safety in Employment Act and approved for the purposes of issuing hazard notices under section 46A of the Act.