Guidelines for using pre-approved courses
Use of already-approved courses by other groups
From time to time, we get asked if an organisation can use for ERE purposes a course that has been approved for another organisation.
The ERE Advisory Committee encourages such possibilities as a way of promoting the wider developments of ERE programmes, but subject to the following policy requirements and processes:
- The identification of the organisation offering an approved course is an essential component of the course's approved status. This requires that if another organisation wishes to use an already approved course for its own ERE programme it must receive the approval of the ERE Advisory Committee to do so.
- An application by an organisation for approval to use an already used course for its own ERE purposes must take account of the following requirements:
- The application must provide evidence that the initial applicant organisation has given its approval to the new applicant organisation to use the already approved course for the purposes intended. Amongst other matters, this will ensure that any matters relating to intellectual property or copy right matters have been taken into account by the organisations involved.
- The application must be clear as to the nature of changes, if any, that will be associated with the presentation of the course by the new organisation, as against the already approved presentation. Such matters will include, but not be restricted to, significant changes in programme content; in programme presentation including any changes in teaching/tutorial staff; changes in the nature of the target group for the programme; and changes in geographical location.
- An organisation intending to make such an application should use the appropriate application form [Doc 22kb].
You can get further information from the Executive Officer ERE or by phone (04) 901 4988.
Depending on the nature of the changes proposed (as referred to in paragraph 2 above), the ERE Coordinator will determine (if need be in consultation with the Chair of the ERE Advisory Committee), the extent to which it will be necessary to still follow the full approval processes. The normal expectation is that an application for use of an already approved course can be based on the original approval given to that course.
- An approval given to an application by an organisation to use for ERE purposes an already-approved course will be recorded on this web site in association with the statement recording the original approval.