This section brings together basic information about the provisions of the Employment Relations Act 2000 and other laws that affect the employment relationship.
Information on employment case law held by the Information and Resarch Services is also made available along with how to access it.
There is also information relating to the law controlling shop trading hours in New Zealand.
Who would find this information useful?
- Anyone who requires copies of employment statutes, Regulations and other legislation
- Anyone who wants to find out about employment law in New Zealand
- Anyone who wants to access our Employment Law Database
- Retailers and others who wants to know about trading hours laws
- Anyone who is representing either an employee or an employer in a matter in mediation, the Employment Relations Authority or Employment Court
- Employers and employees involved in a matter in mediation, the Employment Relations Authority or Employment Court.