Recognised Seasonal Employer (RSE) Pre-departure Resources for Workers
A RSE pre-departure resources (Get Ready Pack and DVD) are provided to the respective Pacific Governments (Kiribati, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu) to be disseminated to Pacific workers to prepare them to come to New Zealand and to help assure they do everything possible to benefit from their travel and working experience under the RSE Policy in the Viticulture and Horticulture industry.
These resources were updated for the 2011/ 2012 & 2012/2013 seasons.
RSE workers should receive a Get Ready Pack including:
And have watched the RSE Get Ready DVD:
The Get Ready booklet has been translated to six Pacific languages.
- RSE Get Ready Booklet – English version
- RSE Get Ready Booklet – I-Kiribati version
- RSE Get Ready Booklet – Samoan version
- RSE Get Ready Booklet – Solomon Is Pidgin version
- RSE Get Ready Booklet – Tongan version
- RSE Get Ready Booklet – Tuvaluan version
- RSE Get Ready Booklet – Bislama version
Also translated into the six Pacific languages is the RSE Pay Slip. This is an example only. It shows the basic terms an RSE worker can expect to see on a New Zealand payslip.
Note: A payslip a worker receives may look a bit different and the rates of pay may also be different. The RSE employer will explain to a worker these differences on payslip and rate of pay.
- RSE Pay Slip Sample - English [pdf 302KB, 2 pages]
- RSE Pay Slip Sample - I-Kiribati [pdf 678KB, 2pages]
- RSE Pay Slip Sample - Samoa [pdf 671KB, 2pages]
- RSE Pay Slip Sample - Solomon Islands [pdf 592KB, 2pages]
- RSE Pay Slip Sample - Tonga [pdf 652KB, 2pages]
- RSE Pay Slip Sample - Tuvalu [pdf 650KB, 2pages]
- RSE Pay Slip Sample - Bislama [pdf 659KB, 2pages]
A ‘Get Ready Orientation’ DVD was produced by the Department to compliment the RSE Get Ready booklet. If you would like a copy of this DVD please contact Anne Masoe email@example.com +64 4 915 6251.
Other information is available for workers click here.