National Action Agenda 2010–2013
Monitoring and Review
The Department of Labour will continue to work closely with the Statistics New Zealand Injury Information Manager to ensure that the injury information collected by all agencies is increasingly presented in a way that tells a more joined-up story of how New Zealand is progressing. The Department of Labour will ensure access for interested stakeholders to better quality information on the state of health and safety in New Zealand.
The Department will undertake activity performance monitoring through:
- Sector Action Plan actions being completed on schedule
- effective sector leadership groups
- better access to more reliable health and safety data.
The Department will undertake outcome monitoring by ensuring that all activity programmes include indicators and measures of success, using the broad framework of:
- immediate measures of response to activity
- intermediate measures of changed awareness and/or practice in workplaces.
The Department will report annually on progress against high-level indicators for health and safety from February 2011 in an annual State of Health and Safety report.
This Action Agenda will be reviewed and updated by December 2013.